College & Graduate Students receive assistance with the following:
- Academic Advising – Develop an academic plan for your transition to college, including how to study effectively, manage college courses and responsibilities, work with college professors, develop mentoring relationships, and navigate college successfully.
- Career & Professional Development – Develop a personal and professional development plan as a college student that will incorporate course selection, faculty mentors, research, alumni mentors, networking, leadership and service, shadowing, and internships. Learn how to target your audience effectively in your resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, and social media channels, and how to interview successfully.
- Graduate Admission – Learn how to plan your graduate application process, including writing an effective personal statement, developing a professional or research plan, connecting with faculty teaching in the program, acquiring effective recommendation letters, and planning for graduate school research.
- Academic Writing – Work one-on-one to improve your academic writing and research skills and process. Assist college students in developing research, writing, and editing skills. Assist graduate students in developing a research plan to complete a thesis and/or dissertation, focusing on implementing systematic research goals and meeting deadlines for writing sections, asking for feedback from faculty committee members, and revising and editing.
- Professional Writing – Learn how to write effectively for a professional audience, including crafting targeted professional resumes, cover letters, letters to recommenders, and LinkedIn profiles, as well as memos, letters, reports, proposals, executive summaries, PowerPoints, and Prezis.